A new e-twinning project called ‘Let’s Speak Music!’ was launched with 26 pupils with the guidance of Zuhal YILDIRIM,Fatma BAYSAL and Şebnem ÇALIŞKAN.
The project partners are Greece,Spain,Finland and Bulgaria. The project will explore the common characteristics and qualities that music and language share. Musical activities will be integrated into foreign language education. We will also explore the term “musilanguage” as an approach towards the development of four skills and the reduction of inhibitions and language barriers. The project will help students overcome cultural differences and enhance their self-confidence and self-expression.
European Language Label Award Project
European Language Label
The European Label for innovative projects in language teaching and learning
The European Label is an award that encourages new initiatives in the field of teaching and learning languages, rewarding new techniques in language teaching, spreading the knowledge of their existence and thereby promoting good practice.
Our school applied for the label with a project called “Respect Life” which was applied by the 4th graders in guidance of their English Teachers Münibe Yazıcı and Tuğçe Serbez. The final evaluation was done by Prof. Özcan Demirel and Prof. Güray König on 30th May 2013.
“The Voice of Youth” – JMUNESCO United Nation parliamentary debate platform for youth.
This platform was designed to teach the youth of the world to express their feelings and ideas about youth issues around the world concerning young pepole.
Year 7 and 8 students from Kayseri TED college attended the 3 rd held JMUNESCO conference at BLIS schools in Ankara many schools from all over Turkey were present.
The aim of the platform is to teach our children how to express their views and debate on a diplomatic level.
The topics of issue were as listed below and serious resolutions conducted.
- Providing support for children in conflict zones.
- Providing UN support in schools and resolving educational discrimination in regions with minority population
- Prevent the over use of natural resources and protecting children in the aftermath of natural disasters.
- Promoting awareness over modern day cultural dilemmas and improving cultural understanding and open mindedness globally.
- Stopping child employment and resolving the issue of censorship in public freedom of speech