Our primary aim at TED College is to encourage research and thereby support the mental and physical growth of students.
Hence, education at TED can be described as “Learning through experience”
A TED Student is…
– Liable to Atatürk’s principles ,democratic and secular,
– Respectful to human rights,
– A good reader and has a good command of the mother language,
– A scientific thinker ,researcher and creator,
– A follower of developments in science and technology,
– A speaker of two foreign languages,
– Self-confident, creative and open to change,
– Sensitive to national and global problems,
– A critical thinker and able to express him / herself.
Our high school Foreign Language system is based on students’ achievements and the power of being hardworking, responsible individuals who can easily take initiative. We want our students to take an active part in all English projects, activities, and clubs. Our drama shows, fun activities, journals and discussions enforce a high quality of learning for everyone. Our 9th graders have 8 hours of English per week, and they have 5 more hours of English lesson on Saturdays. They also have the chance to learn a second language 2 hours per week.
The Department strongly believes that students learn by doing many activities that contribute to learning experiences, yet have a flavor of being different. We have a system based on” speaking” which does not include the students who are in our Foreign Language Programme. They also learn the skills of debate and discussion.
Our program will continue to emphasize the basic skills in speaking, listening, writing also grammar and vocabulary so that students can communicate clearly and effectively in various situations.